Re: Making Spamass-Milt respect virtusertable and aliases (fwd)

From: Tony Shadwick
Subject: Re: Making Spamass-Milt respect virtusertable and aliases (fwd)
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:09:02 +0000 (GMT)

You were close.  SpamAssassin and Spamass-Milt are running on the endpoing
mail server, and prefs are stored in ~/.spamassassin.  You're the second
person to ask about sql databases and storing prefs that way, but I've not
seen instructions on how to do that.  I had to write up docs on how to do
this at all for OS X to begin with.  I can make the mail server my primary
mx, and then make mx 1 and mx 2 secondary and terciary, but that seems a
little out of order too.

You suggest that I tell mx1 and mx2 to run spamassassin via milter, then
no filtering occurs on teh endpoint system, but that requires a database
to store user prefs, which I don't know how to do. :\

Tony Shadwick
Manager of Internet Services
Strategic Technology Group
314-872-3000 x105