Milter antispam implementation, PLEASE HELP

From: Spirovski Bozhidar
Subject: Milter antispam implementation, PLEASE HELP
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 12:34:17 +0100

Hi all

I am working on integrating our Mail server with spamassassin. Our MTA is ISOCOR (Critical Path) Messaging Server.

The MTA does not support spamassassin integration out of the box, but it is documented that it supports Activestate PerlMX (Now known as Sophos Pure Message). The documentation that I read on that product is that it was initially designed for sendmail, and uses it’s milter interface, which gives me a lot of hope that I can achieve the same with spamass-milter and spamassassin.

I downloaded spamass-milter 0.2.0 rpm and installed it on my RHEL 3.0. I also installed spamassassin on the same machine. Then I modified the spamass-milter startup script: I changed the SOCKET variable into this: SOCKET=inet:3366

Upon starting the spamass-milter, it creates a TCP socket on port 3366 (port that was originally designated by PerlMX)

The MTA tries to connect to the socket, but it gets a closed socket in the middle of the conversation. After this the spamass-milter fails.

Is there some workaround around this, or some other implementation of milter that i should consider

 Regards,

Spirovski Bozhidar

My Inbox is protected by SPAMfighter
1039 spam mails have been blocked so far.
Download free SPAMfighter today!