Re: -r and -B/b ?

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: -r and -B/b ?
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 10:56:25 -0600

In the last episode (Dec 06), Carl Brewer said:
> I'm trying to work out why my 0.2.0 spamass-milter doesn't seem to be
> forwarding identified spam to the email address I've specified with
> -B address@hidden
>
> I've got the following in my process table :
>
> spamass-milter -B address@hidden -u nobody -r -1 -p /var/run/spamass.sock -f
>
> Does -B clash with -r ?  Ie: if spamd identifies mail as (probable)
> spam, does the -r tell spamass-milter to just reject it, and not
> (also?) forward it to the address listed with -B?

Yes, they are separate from each other.  -B says "add a BCC for
anything marked as spam, and deliver as normal", and -r says "don't
even accept spam above this value".  sendmail's milter interface
doesn't allow you to send a reject code back to the sender and also
deliver it, so in 0.2.0 -r trumps -B.  Current CVS code will reject the
original message and reinject a new message with the -B address.

> Also, out of curiosity, is spamass-milter a dead project?  It hasn't
> been touched for a long time, is this because it's perfect, or
> there's other (better?) milters that work with spamassassin that are
> more actively developed these days?

I have received some patches that add features (more flexible -bBr),
but for the most part it's stablized.  I do need to put out a release.

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden