speech-reco

[Speech-reco] Where should I host tools for playing with speech samples?

From: Bill Cox
Subject: [Speech-reco] Where should I host tools for playing with speech samples?
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 14:14:14 -0400

I've written some simple code, which I'm calling "speechbox" for now,
which is short for "speech sand box".  It has some basic ability to
manipulate sound samples, and makes pretty good speech spectrograms.
It's undocumented, and not ready for prime-time, but I find it useful,
and if anyone winds up collaborating with me on speech synthesis and
recognition, they might also find it useful.  I added Python front-end
bindings, so you can work in a Python shell.  The simplest thing would
be for me to host it on vinux-project.org, but sourceforge.net is an
option, and I hear there are GNU/FSF repositories for free software.
Does anyone have strong feelings about where to host projects?

Thanks,
Bill