speech-reco

[Speech-reco] RE: [VINUX-DEVELOPMENT] Test speeding up LPC synthesized v

From: Sina Bahram
Subject: [Speech-reco] RE: [VINUX-DEVELOPMENT] Test speeding up LPC synthesized voice
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 22:37:52 -0400

Interesting that it breaks down by orders of magnitude disproportional to the
speed.

In other words ... The 4x one seems to be far more than 33% less comprehensible
than the 3x one. It almost seems to have a
logarithmic decay of comprehensibility.

Also, all tonal or pitch elements seem to be completely removed.

Only the rhythm is maintained from the original, in my opinion.

One additional note. Your example is at jaws level distinction. Can we hear
this with someone talking naturally?

My guess is that it will sound far worse, because the process strips out way
too much. It sounds close enough to the original
because you spoke in a military clipped staccato style.

Very cool stuff!

Take care,
Sina