speechd-el on a low cpu device

From: Gilles Casse
Subject: speechd-el on a low cpu device
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2008 01:03:23 +0100

Milan Zamazal wrote:
> Try `M-x locate-library RET speechd-speak RET' in Emacs.  If the
> reported file has .elc extension, it should be fine, if it has .el
> extension, it is not byte compiled and must be slow.

I look usually to the filenames, thanks for the info though. The
compilation environment has been removed but I will try again to build
speechd-el.

> BTW how do you run Emacs on a Neo1973 without a keyboard?  Do you use an
> external keyboard?

The tiny onscreen keyboard can be used for emacs but for last resort
situations :-) .

In principle it will be possible to plug a usb keyboard in the next
version (Neo FreeRunner).

Today the tests are done using a bluetooth keyboard.

Best regards,
Gilles