Dispatcher bug: espeak 1.31, ssml and ampersand

From: Hynek Hanke
Subject: Dispatcher bug: espeak 1.31, ssml and ampersand
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 12:55:52 +0100

C.M. Brannon napsal(a):
> I found a bug in Speech Dispatcher's espeak module.  The bug is only
> triggered  when I use a punctuation level of "all".  If spoken text
> contains an ampersand character, espeak says "l angle stroke speak r
> angle".   Here is an SSIP message that reproduces the bug:

Hello,

it seems to me that the bug is in espeak,  I get this
behavior when I run:

  espeak -m "<speak>K&amp;R</speak>" --punct

It works well without the --punct option.

I didn't try with the very latest version of eSpeak though,
so perhaps the bug has already been fixed. I'm sending
this email in copy to Jonathann Duddington, the author
of eSpeak. He should be able to say more.

Thank you all,
Hynek Hanke