speechd-el getting started

From: Peter Vágner
Subject: speechd-el getting started
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 08:57:11 +0100

Hello,

I think I have figured out most of the things I was asking for so below
are some inline replies to my-self.

On 27.10.2015 at 19:02 Peter V?gner wrote:
> Can you please give me some hints how to proceed next  to get
> speechd-el talking through speech-dispatcher?
It turns out there is one single commit found in the git master branch
of speechd-el which considerably helps with this. I correctly discovered
and assumed speechd-el 2.7 is not connecting to the correct
speech-dispatcher socked. After running latest code from git things
started to automagically working for me with my original config.

> How to see some emacs and / or speechd-el debug output to figure out
> what's going on for sure and avoid the guess work I'm currently doing?
I've not learned this although I think I will read a lot of docs during
upcoming days. I do have speechd-el working and I can use basic
navigation commands arounds emacs interface. The rest is my learning.

> How do I check speechd-el configuration to see if it's connecting to
> the correct socket?
I've found out by reading this list archives that it is not currently
possible to configure speech-dispatcher socket path.

> Can I also install speechd-el system wide? I have figured out some
> packages e.g. git have installed some el files into
> /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/ . How do I find out if emacs is looking
> into this patch? If I was about to create emacs-speechd-el package
> where should I install it into?

On Arch linux this I have just found by experimenting I can add files
into this folder and emacs will pick them. So I don't yet know how to
print emacs load-path I at least know that in case I will feel
adventurous to provide an AUR package I know how to make it work.

Greetings

Peter