Small weirdness

From: Didier Spaier
Subject: Small weirdness
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2019 20:19:45 +0100

Hello,

At first I couldn't find the logs of speech-dispatcher when running
speechd-up as root in a tty (I now know, they are in
/root/.cache/speech-dispatcher). So I did set in speechd.conf (just
uncommenting the line):
LogDir  "/var/log/speech-dispatcher/"

Bad move, then speechd-up couldn't find the socket any more (it is
in /root/.cache/speech-dispatcher).

I don't know why. Is it possible that speechd-up assume that the socket
is in the same directory as the log directory (which is the case by
default?

Best,

Didier