streamtuner-misc

Re: live356 plugin and login

From: Jean-Yves Lefort
Subject: Re: live356 plugin and login
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 23:33:20 +0100

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:58:40 -0800
Paul Barton <address@hidden> wrote:

> I must be missing something obvious.
>
> I really like streamtuner.  Clever concept.  Works wonderfully except...
> live365 is nicer to listen to with the VIP (or whatever they call it) login.
> Seemed to be no problem.  I run stream tuner from inside a script with the
> STREAMTUNER_LIVE365_ variables set in the script.  First I just tried my user
> name and password.  Wrong.  streamtuner came up ok but not logged on.  No big
> surprise.
>
> I then explored the cookies associated with the live365 site and found
> sessionid.  That looked like the answer needed for _SESSION.  So I wrote a
> script to use curl to log on to live365 and get the cookies.  I set the
> _SESSION variable to the value of the cookie.  Something changed alright.
> streamtuner locks up tight after the splash progress bar fills up.  I have to
> use kill to get rid of it.  (No it isn't just loading slowly.  I let it go
> all night.)  All of my next experiments locked it up similarly.

Please try to reproduce that lockup and get a backtrace.

> Looking at the source for the plugin led me to conclude that the
> STREAMTUNER_LIVE365_ strings are plugged into the URL for the desired
> station.  Getting stations through Mozilla produced URL's for the stations (I
> just tried the VIP only ones) that incorporate the User_ID string, the
> SaneID, and the session as the value of the sessionid cookie without the
> leading username%3A.  So I arranged to send that for _SESSION and the SaneID
> for _USER.  No dice.

Log into Live365 with your web browser, tune into a station and
download the .pls file instead of opening it with your music player.

You should set STREAMTUNER_LIVE365_USER to the membername parameter of
the .pls file, and STREAMTUNER_LIVE365_SESSION to the session
parameter.

Anyway, the login patch has been contributed long time ago, and I did
not realize that it was so cumbersome to get the session value. I am
going to fix this somehow.

> After I gave up on trying to set a breakpoint in the plugin in gdb (I don't
> know how) I turned to the board for help.

(gdb) break live365.c:329
No source file named live365.c.
Make breakpoint pending on future shared library load? (y or [n]) y

Breakpoint 1 (live365.c:329) pending.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /var/test/streamtuner-0.12/bin/streamtuner
Breakpoint 2 at 0x28c2898a: file live365.c, line 329.
Pending breakpoint "live365.c:329" resolved

> If I'm missing something obvious, please let me in on it.  If there really is
> a problem, I'll be glad to work on a fix.  But it would really help me do
> that if you can tell me how to complie-link the live354.c plugin without
> recompiling the whole package and how I might get that package into a
> debugger.  I'm not asking for a programming tutorial.  I am basically
> familiar with both gcc and gdb and have used them for small projects with and
> without multiple threads.

cd src/plugins/live365
make
make install