stumpwm-devel

Re: [STUMP] Feedback and bugfixes

From: Shawn Betts
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Feedback and bugfixes
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 19:13:17 -0500

Philippe Brochard <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> [ SNIP - bug fixes]

Hi! Thanks for the bug fixes. They should be in CVS shortly.

> Also, I have add a REPL in the main loop:
> [ SNIP - REPL]
> Note, it needs an event to be evaluated.

Nice! I intend to add a loop hook that you can latch your hack into. I
intend to have something similar to ratpoison's --command and the
Scheme Configurable WM's remove eval loop (which ratpoison's --command
stuff is based on). It's a way to send a a string to an X client and
get a response using windows and properties. But until that's built
this hook and your repl code will do :).

> Another thing, the rc file is read after the default bindings is
> done. This prevent to redefine the *prefix-key* from the ~/.stumpwmrc.

I intend to have a function that allows you to change the prefix
key. For now you'll have to change it in the source :|.

> And thanks a lot for this great work !

It's always motivating to hear about ppl actually using StumpWM. I
might even code up the above intended features now :).

-Shawn