stumpwm-devel

Re: [STUMP] Crash:StumpWM on Ubuntu Trusty

From: David Bjergaard
Subject: Re: [STUMP] Crash:StumpWM on Ubuntu Trusty
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2017 11:39:29 -0400

Hi Raman,

I respect your choice to use a browser that doesn't use javascript, but I have
to warn you that it may make resolving this issue more difficult.  I have opened
an issue for you here:

https://github.com/stumpwm/stumpwm/issues/343

We will track changes there so if you can at least monitor that page for updates
to your bug that would be great.

The next step in narrowing this down is to use git to track down the commit that
caused the break.  Failing that, two things stick out to me as odd:
1. the "Error opening /dev/tty" is strange, I can't find anywhere in the
   backtrace for "echo" that needs a pseuod-terminal
2. The obno-popup-notifier is unfamiliar to me, I haven't seen those types of
   errors before. Did Ubuntu recently change the notification handler?

Next steps:
Is it possible to get a backtrace when the crash happens?
If not, please set up the debugging output to a file and see what is in the log
when the crash happens.

Revert the commits until you find a version of stumpwm that doesn't crash using
your recipe.

    David