Re: Summer of Code 2009: Emacs project suggestion

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: Summer of Code 2009: Emacs project suggestion
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 20:21:25 +1300

Hi Karl,

 >     I would like to suggect the project below for Emacs.
 >     I have contacted the Emacs maintainers on address@hidden and they
 >     are agreeable to the idea.  I am willing to act as project mentor.
 >
 > Thanks.  Sounds fine to me to add it.  Rocky, fine to add your project
 > too.  (I dunno how to resolve the differences, I'm afraid ...)

Thanks.  I'm not sure what Rocky is proposing but I saw his proposal last year.
The code that I've written as part Emacs is specifically for GDB and I'd like
to keep it that way while Rocky's aim appears to be provide support for a range
of debuggers.  I think these may be conflicting goals, so I would rather GNU
has two separate project suggestions.  Then, presumably, GNU decides which, if
either, gets a student from the number allocated to it.

Regards,
Nick