Re: GRUB2 ideas

From: Yoshinori Okuji
Subject: Re: GRUB2 ideas
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 07:43:46 +0900

Hi Karl,

On Friday 20 March 2009 09:34:26 Karl Berry wrote:
> Hi Vladimir,
>
>     Hello, I'm a contributor to grub2 and I created a page which
>     summarizes some ideas for GSoC for grub2. It's on
>     http://grub.enbug.org/GSoC/Ideas2009
>
> Great.  I added that link to gnu.org/s/soc-projects/ideas.html.  Just
> let me know if any changes/problems ...

I don't think it was appropriate to put this link, because the list of ideas
on our wiki is not approved officially, and it is generally difficult to
maintain the quality of wiki pages, as anybody can modify the contents at any
time (unless we "freeze" pages, which is also not quite convenient...). In
addition, I don't know who want to be mentors for GRUB this year yet.

So I think it would be better for GRUB contributors to do:

- first of all, finding mentor(s) (if none, no way to participate),

- collecting ideas from the wiki, the mailing list, and so on,

- then summerizing ideas under www.gnu.org/software/grub as usual.

Regards,
Okuji
--