Re: Call for Ideas - GNU in Google Summer of Code 2011

From: olafBuddenhagen
Subject: Re: Call for Ideas - GNU in Google Summer of Code 2011
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 08:24:25 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 03:18:02AM -0300, Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
wrote:

> I've setup a wiki page[1] on LibrePlanet for the sake of organization.

Unless I'm missing something, this page is on a wiki that can only be
edited by FSF members? That's an excessively poor idea. I for one can't
edit it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Would be nice if someone can add Hurd to the list. Our ideas list is on

   http://www.gnu.org/s/hurd/community/gsoc/project_ideas.html

(I haven't updated it for this year yet; but most of the stuff is still
valid, so it should do for now.)

Historically we also have had our own student application form:

   http://www.gnu.org/s/hurd/community/gsoc/student_application_form.html

If others like it, we might actually try to generalize it for GNU as a
whole... However, I intend to rework the introduction first.

BTW, for the organisation application, I'm sure most answers can be
reused from previous years?

-antrik-