Re: Call for Ideas - GNU in Google Summer of Code 2011

From: Felipe Sanches
Subject: Re: Call for Ideas - GNU in Google Summer of Code 2011
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 17:08:15 -0300

John, what is the procedure for opening an account with edit rights at libreplanet wiki? Is is as easy as creating a user account at wikipedia or does it involve additional steps?

Felipe Sanches

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Alfred M. Szmidt <address@hidden> wrote:
  >> I've setup a wiki page[1] on LibrePlanet for the sake of organization.
  >
  > Unless I'm missing something, this page is on a wiki that can only be
  > edited by FSF members? That's an excessively poor idea. I for one can't
  > edit it, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

  No, it only requires an fsf.org account, not a paying FSF membership.

I think what Olaf was getting at was that non-FSF staff should be able
to edit the page, e.g. GNU maintainers and contributors.