Re: Call for Ideas - GNU in Google Summer of Code 2011

From: olafBuddenhagen
Subject: Re: Call for Ideas - GNU in Google Summer of Code 2011
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 09:13:53 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 04:01:34AM -0300, Rodrigo Rodrigues da Silva
wrote:
> On 06-03-2011 04:24, address@hidden wrote:

> > Would be nice if someone can add Hurd to the list.
[...]
> Done.

Thanks!

> > Historically we also have had our own student application form:
> >
> >    http://www.gnu.org/s/hurd/community/gsoc/student_application_form.html
> >
> > If others like it, we might actually try to generalize it for GNU as
> > a whole... However, I intend to rework the introduction first.
>
> There is a "GNU guidelines". I don't have enough time to review it. I
> mentioned the Hurd template, though.

OK.

> > BTW, for the organisation application, I'm sure most answers can be
> > reused from previous years?
>
> We've failed to locate the answers from previous years, so I'm
> rewriting them[0]. Any help is appreciated.

Well, I'd love to help; but I've never done this for an umbrella
organisation -- and quite frankly, I have no idea what to fill in
there... Questions like how to deal with disappearing students or
mentors; how to make sure the students continue working on the project
etc. are rather a matter of the individual suborganisations it seems to
me...

Would be helpful if those hwo did it the previous years could at least
give us some rough hints what they filled in there.

-antrik-