Python project is needed

From: Stayvoid
Subject: Python project is needed
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 04:12:00 +0300

Hello.

I'm a student, but my specialization is not connected with
programming. And I've never worked for a company as a programmer.

The dean told me that I have to work for a real company during this
summer. (It's some sort of work experience.) But I haven't found one
that respects users' freedom.
(I don't want to write non-free software. NDA is no go for me too.)

GSoC is a good chance to get a "real world" experience and to write
some free code too.

I've looked through the projects [1]. But I haven't found a project for me.
Python is the only language I know. GNOWSYS is the only Python-related
project in the list.
But GNOWSYS' ideas are too complex for me. So I'm looking for something else.
Could you help me to find the appropriate project?

Cheers

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/soc-projects/ideas-2012.html