Re: Can i start working on my project *now*?

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Can i start working on my project *now*?
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 12:24:09 +0200

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Daniel Thomas <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-04-03 at 00:14 +0200, Janek Warchoł wrote:
>> So, it won't at all affect how you'll judge my application?
>
> Well it might help your application as your prospective mentors would
> see what kind of work you would do if you were successful.

That's good! :)

> Prospective
> students are always encouraged to submit patches etc. for that reason.
> However it won't result in "they have already started so we have to say
> yes" or similar.

Of course.

> Also make sure you detail the University circumstances
> and what you are doing about them on your application form. It is
> important to be clear about these things. When I was a student I had to
> start a couple of weeks late due to exams and that was fine.

My exams start in mid June, that's one of the reasons why i want to
start earlier.
Should i mention anything else about my University work?  Apart from
exams, there won't be any period when University will require my full
attention longer than 2-3 days (when i'll have to write an important
test or so, and they can't be predicted now).

thanks,
Janek