Re: slots request

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos
Subject: Re: slots request
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 18:03:31 +0200

On 04/09/2012 03:33 PM, Bastien wrote:

> Well, I disagree :) Not because I want to favor Org proposals (no
> no), but because I think the list of amazing proposals should only be
> made on critierium related to the proposals themselves (the
> importance/quality of the project wrt GNU project and the quality of
> the student.)
>
> Otherwise this gives the strong (and wrong) signal to students: "pick
> up a GNU project that has no proposal at all and you will have more
> chance to get paid for coding during the summer."

Wow. I could not think that someone could see that as negative. We just
agree to disagree. It is a good thing that SoC allows helping the
smaller projects. The idea is to help the projects that wouldn't
otherwise have the work-force to enhance their functionality and expand
their community. If you see it on another perspective what is the point
of helping the strongest that already have big active communities?

regards,
Nikos