Re: Amazing app for GNU Radio

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: Amazing app for GNU Radio
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 11:31:31 +0200

    It was therefore my understanding apparently, if you ask for two slots,
    you get two slots, and now mentors should vote away on their
    organization's proposals based on their quality.

Look at
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/summer-of-code/2012-04/msg00079.html

We decided at the irc meeting that the GNU programs would decide how
many "amazing" proposals they were declaring.  We also decided that any
additional slot we could get would be distributed by voting.

The deadline was in the "We have less than two days to define these
values," sentence in the email above, and that was the SoC deadline to
declare the number of "amazing" and "desired" slots to Google.

The Hurd people asked for 2 "amazing" slots.  No other project having
more than 1 app did.

    If there's any more deadlines, I'd really appreciate to know. Hope this
    sheds some light on the source of the confusion!

The current deadline is tomorrow Thursday 19 evening, where we will have
to mark all the apps for which we want to dedicate a slot.  As we said
before, that will be done based on the average score of the proposals
having a mentor.

--
Jose E. Marchesi         http://www.jemarch.net
GNU Project              http://www.gnu.org