Re: [GSoC 2017] Porting Google Go (GCC: gccgo) - Questions and Concerns

From: Svante Signell
Subject: Re: [GSoC 2017] Porting Google Go (GCC: gccgo) - Questions and Concerns
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2017 01:46:35 +0100

Hi Louis,

Thank you for a contact, at last. Yes, Thomas created a repo for gccgo
in 2013?. Sorry I cannot find it right now. Nevertheless, I'd really
appreciate a repo where I can submit my patches to, and for you to work
from, Samuel/Thomas? (FYI: The patches for gccgo are already included
in the Debian version of gcc-6). I can send you updated ones if you
need, please let me know.

The port of gccgo to Hurd is completed as far as I know, the remaining
issues are (unfortunately) the exception fallback code in hurd/glibc.
If you are really committed, you should take this as a challenge and do
some serious digging. I think Samuel, Justus and Olaf will be able to
aid you in your efforts (including me)
.
(In the future don't top-post, please! And don't use html mails if you
can use plain text)

BR,
Svante