swarm-modeling

Re: Information Request

From: Pietro Terna
Subject: Re: Information Request
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 23:18:55 +0200

        Dear Ed,

        I'm an economist working in the field of agent models (I'm co-author
of: A.Beltratti, S.Margarita, P.Terna (1996), Neural Networks for Economic
and Financial Modelling, ITCP, London; the book is about model of agents
built upon NN).

        At present I'm working with Swarm to evaluate the possibilitiy of
migrating to this more standard and powerful platform. I'm very interested
in knowing more about your project.

        Yours, Pietro

At 21.14 04/05/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>
>I have been developing a methodology to model complex adaptive systems
>specifically for economic and business analysis. This methodology is called
>Object-Oriented Change and Learning (OOCL).
>
>OOCL is currently supported by an Object-Oriented CASE tool called
>Platinum's Paradigm Plus 3.5+ (P+). I am deliberately making sure that it
>can produce the agents for SWARM thus making it possible for business
>analysts to use swarm or a swarm type simulator to perform Management
>Flight Simulation.
>
>Are there any persons in your group that would interested in a dialogue
>concerning this topic?
>

>By the way, P+ will soon generate VRML representation of the agents using
>the Platinum Virtual Reality Vream engine.
>Also -- OOCL conforms very closely to John Holland's work. I am currently
>writing a book on Complex Adaptive Systems Modeling for Business to be
>published in the Fall by John Wiley and Sons.
>
>Ed Swanstrom
>Agilis Corporation

>   Swarm-Modelling is for discussion of Simulation and Modelling techniques
>   esp. using Swarm.  For list administration needs (esp. [un]subscribing),
>   please send a message to <address@hidden> with "help" in the
>   body of the message.

   body of the message.