swarm-modeling

Linux

From: Mr X.Y.Huang
Subject: Linux
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 16:54:36 +0000

Since I sent out a seeking-for-help message (about implementation
modelling for travellers' behaviour), I have received several pieces
of reply. Many thanks! I would send more such message in coming days.
There is one thing I could not quite understand: why Linux OS is
used? In Imperial College, we have a version similar to Swarm, called
APRIL,  which also is run in Linux system. I have browsed some Linux
historical documents which certainly list many many good features of
Linux. But can any one point out specifically what are advantages of
Linux over other OSs such as UNIX?

---
Xueyue Huang
Center For Transport Studies