swarm-modeling

Shameless plug (was Re: Systems Engineering)

From: Ralf Stephan
Subject: Shameless plug (was Re: Systems Engineering)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:03:10 +0100

glen:
> For the interested reader ([grin]  other email lists get mad if
> I don't quote other people to establish my credibility.... so
> I now try to provide links for "the interested reader", as
> pompous and counter to my anti-intellectual tendencies as it is...),
> check out INCOSE <www.incose.org>.

I have found Doug Lea's documents under http://gee.cs.oswego.edu/dl/
esp. "Object Oriented System Development" very enlightening for the
implementor part but I have next-to-nil experience in communication
as I'm not working professionally - this leads me to...

...introducing myself to the swarm here, as I was asked to do so:
Due to a physical handicap, most of my time is devoted to surviving
in an unfriendly environment, with programming primarily the hobby to
relax.  But this is changing, as the twenty years of playing with
software (with occasional jobs when health allowed it) now slowly
begin to pay back.  This is where Swarm comes into the picture.

Systems like Swarm are IMO a key for further development in many
sciences --- let me just mention robotics, AI, nanotech, game theory,
biology, medicine --- and could thus help in my situation, although
there is no obvious direct link at this time.  Let me just hint that
Swarm gave me a bazillion ideas that I still need to sort out...

Therefore, a question.  I see there are people working in the chemistry
domain with Swarm.  If there is anyone working in medical nanotech/
agents reading this: you can have my full motivation FOR FREE.
The only catch: everything must be GPLed.  Just mail me.  For something
like a resume/CV, please see http://www.in-berlin.de/User/rws/facts.html
and my web pages in general.  Thanks in advance.

Sorry for the plug,
ralf
--
http://www.in-berlin.de/User/rws/