swarm-modeling

Re: agents of agents

From: Ralf Stephan
Subject: Re: agents of agents
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 15:44:03 +0100

marcello:
> 1) first, the simple way: a very simple swarm implementation (say like
> Heatbugs): An agent type, a modelSwarm, an observerSwarm. The only difference
> with a HeatBugs-like model is that the agents (units) belongs to different
> lists, each list being a "virtual" superAgent. So, by looking at the list
> members, each unit (and myself) knows who belongs to the same superAgent. This
> makes very easy for  superAgents to communicate (that is important for my
> experiments). It's also very easy to represent them in a raster, since all
> units lay in the same toroid.  The problem is that each superAgent is flat,
> that is I cannot wrap the units within each superAgent. I'd like each
> superAgent to be a toroid. Assume you have two superAgent (1 and 2) formed by
> 5
> units. They will lay in the raster as follow:
> .....1........2......
> ...111...222.....
> .....1........2.......
> How can I say to the 1's to interact among themself, the 2' to interact among
> themselves and not with the doted squares? (I hope it's clear what I mean)

This would mean the world is a 'real' toroid, i.e. with different, hm,
horizontal perimeters --- contrary to the 'usual' one.  Whether this
topology can be mapped onto a discrete space or not, it would mean the
design and implementation of a custom class that has its own methods
of putobj, getobj, neighbourhood etc.

Not keen on scheduling, sorry.

ralf

   body of the message.