swarm-modeling

Re: Advice to a Swarm Beginner...

From: Ken Gosier
Subject: Re: Advice to a Swarm Beginner...
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 07:09:13 -0800 (PST)

$.02 from a recent Swarm newbie:

I found the docs on the Swarm site to a big help for
getting into a Swarm frame of mind. Specifically, the Swarm
User Guide. Also "Getting Started with Swarm," I believe.
After reading these, and playing around with heatbugs, I
had a pretty good idea of how to set up the model I wanted
to study.

Also: I can't speak for other OS's, but if you're running
Red Hat Linux, then Paul Johnson's RPM's are quite nice.
They make the installation process pretty simple.

--- Darren Schreiber <address@hidden> wrote:

> A Swarm newbie recently wrote me asking for advice on
> getting
> started.  I figured that this may be of general interest
> and perhaps
> could encourage others to share their collective wisdom
> on embarking
> on Swarm modelling.  I appreciate any feedback or
> insights--especially as I hope to develop a Swarm course
> in the not
> too distant future (assuming dissertation, Ph.D, and
> gainful
> employment.)
>
>       Darren

=====