swarm-modeling

[Swarm-Modelling] Modelleing trade environment

From: Martijn Haarman
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] Modelleing trade environment
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 13:50:42 +0200

Hi,
I'm currently up to building a simulation of a game called Trust&Tracing game. It's a game in which players trade goods of high and low quality through a chain (producers, middlemen, retailers, consumers). Sellers can decide to sell a low-qual. product as a high qual. product. Buyers can decide to trace a products origin (i.e. what's that real quality of a product) Whether a seller has proved to be honest and thruthfull in the past influences the buyers' trust.
I think of simulating the game with a multi agent system (trade agent with roles of producers, iddlemen, retailers, consumers) with configurable properties like trade targets et cetera. My eye fell onto Swarm as it seems quite "managable" for me. Can you tell me whether Swarm would be a good environment to build this? Or else what alternatives I could try?

Thanks you,
Martijn Haarman
MSc Student - Wageningen University

Hotmail en Messenger on the move MSN Mobiel