swarm-modeling

Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Some Questions regarding SWARM M&S

From: Gulyas Laszlo
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Modelling] Some Questions regarding SWARM M&S
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 09:34:17 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

First, I think there is confusion about the meaning of Swarm.
People usually mean two different things by it: a general approach
and philosophy, and a particular tool to implement it. (The latter
was the first attempt to realize the former, but by no means can you
equate the two.)

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004, Sunwoo Park wrote:
[...]
> Is there any activity
> regarding SWARM agent modeling based on specific formalism(s) (or
> mathematical modeling) in SWARM community ?

I have a slow-running project aiming at to develop a common, but
strict formalism for agent-based modeling & simulation (related to
Swarm as the general approach to computational modeling, but not
as the particular software tool). The basic idea to explicitly
represent what is more than simply 'infrastructure' in Swarm.
Have a look at this abstract, if you're interested!

http://www.sztaki.hu/~gulyas/abstracts/Formalism.txt

Best,

gulya
--