swarm-modeling

[Swarm-Modelling] Swarmfest 2011 Call for Participation

From: docgca
Subject: [Swarm-Modelling] Swarmfest 2011 Call for Participation
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 21:48:44 -0400 (EDT)

We are pleased to present our Call for Participation for Swarmfest 2011, which will take place Sunday June 26 to Tuesday June 28 at the Santa Fe Complex (sfcomplex.org) in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Swarmfest is the annual meeting of the Swarm Development Group, and represents an opportunity for individuals engaged in agent-based modeling and complex systems analysis to present their work and engage in lively discussions with others with diverse, but similar, interests. We encourage the presentation of domain-specific models (a non-comprehensive list includes: ecology, social science, biomedicine, politics, political science and economics), more general practical and theoretical issues associated with agent-based modeling (a non-comprehensive list includes: methods, toolkits, computing platforms and means of analysis) and more general issues associated with investigating “complex systems” (you can define “complexity” you wish and we can all fight about it!). Swarmfest has traditionally had a workshop atmosphere where discussion and interactions are greatly encouraged, and as a result has been a very nice opportunity to “pre-release” preliminary research, present research-in-evolution to achieve feedback, and serve as a sounding board for all those “out-there” ideas that you don’t feel comfortable disclosing in your traditional scientific/professional societies.

The deadline for abstract submission is May 3, 2011. Abstracts for presentations should be one-page (8” x 11”) .pdf or .doc(x) files. Please send your submissions to address@hidden. Notification of acceptance will be provided by May 10, 2011.

Conference Information on Location, Lodging and Social Program (Registration information will be forthcoming shortly) is available at http://www.swarm.org/index.php/Swarmfest_2011_Page