Re: srandom, etc.

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: Re: srandom, etc.
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 1995 15:57:27 -0400 (EDT)

Ginger,
rint is is /lib/pa1.1/libm.a on my hpux 9.05 machine.
So in Makefile.conf I did:
OTHERLIBS=-L/lib/pa1.1 -lm

I substitued srand48 for srandom, and lrand48 for random
calls in the various places:

in swarmlibs/simtools/simtools.m and apps/market/main.m:
srandom(time(0)) -> srand48(time(0))

in apps/market/define.h and agents.c:
random() -> lrand48()

Actually I'll bet srandom isn't even needed in simtools.m .

Anyway, this got it all to link and run (as far as I can tell).
(The displays for apps/market aren't right, but that's
another story, I think.)

 - r

Rick Riolo                       address@hidden
Program for Study of Complex Systems (PSCS)
1061 Randall Lab     University of Michigan
Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
http://pscs.physics.lsa.umich.edu/rlr-home.html