Re: Following pointers in probes

From: Ginger Booth
Subject: Re: Following pointers in probes
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 96 15:53:46 EST

Hi, Manor!

    Thanks for the quick response.  In short, yes, that all sounds fine,
and you answered my question quite well.  (No, It's Not The Day Yet.)

    FWIW, I do realize (and am looking forward to) the fact that agents
will be probeable upon the field.  However, grandma doesn't exist in
space or time or field.  Grandma's but a genetic legacy.  I assume,
however, that whatever wonklichkeit I do for the ladies of the field
can be prewonked for grandma.

    Yeah, the shift/click would be liveable.  If you should happen to
think of a way to pre-shift-click, however, that would be better.  We
can't design class structures based on what works best on popup
menus, but on what reduces spaghetti of the code.  Object Metabolism
is itself a collection of id's of resource list objects, and grandma
might have more than one Metabolism....  (Actually, grandma carnivore
-does- have two metabolic states, but I just use an override.)  At any
rate, I'd like to be able to explicitly pre-squash id's into the probe.
The levels of shift/clicks won't be obvious or convenient.

    And this release with ExperimentControl will be when...?  :)

Ciao,
    Ginger