Re: Swarm on Linux

From: Beemer
Subject: Re: Swarm on Linux
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 1996 18:51:06 -0600

> It is an obscure "bug" for Linux. You need to link it with the libarary
> ieee (so add an -l ieee in the Makefile...)

> I guess I am lucky: I have had no troubles whatsoever save the waiting and
> waiting and waiting... ;-)

All RIGHT!  It finally RUNS!

Thanks a bunch!  Now, I can finally start actually simulating things!
=) Thanks very very much, Ho-Sheng and everyone else who provided
advice.  I am indebted.

Swarm Team: If you've got the time, I'd suggest making a "Known Bugs
and Hacks" page to attach to the swarm homepage, listing things like
this that have been mentioned on the mailing list.  If I hadn't used
swarm at the SFI summer school, I probably would have given up far
before now...

Oh, and that problem I was having with a linker failure before was
because I needed to compile -ltermcap, as well as -lreadline.  (and
-lieee, as Ho-Sheng mentioned.)  The person who recognized it knew
right away what was wrong; my advice to everyone else is, I guess,
just to ask some crusty old hacker what libraries you're forgetting to
link to when such things happen.

Again, thanks to everyone for the help.  I'm sure I'll be back with
more bugs, hopefully more directly related to Swarm, in the future...

        --Seth McGinnis
          address@hidden