Re: gcc 2.7.2.1 +gnustep objc patch

From: Theodore C. Belding
Subject: Re: gcc 2.7.2.1 +gnustep objc patch
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 19:56:41 -0400

What platform are you using? The objc patch apparently doesn't work on AIX
yet. It's been tested on PPC mkLinux.  I haven't used it yet, and I don't
know anything about how it would affect Swarm.

BTW I just got my PowerMac mkLinux DR2 CDROM!
http://www.mklinux.apple.com/
(I don't know if they've updated the pages yet).
-Ted

At 6:17 PM -0400 9/22/96, John Eikenberry [MSAI] wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I am about to start trying to convince my system to compile the new
>gcc-2.7.2.1 with the new (960906) gnustep objc patch. I was wondering
>if anyone (Nelson?) knew whether this patch-level of the objc runtime
>would effect swarm.
>
>A couple of other unrelated questions. I was wondering if it had been
>decided upon whether the next release of swarm would use the new tcl/tk?
>I also was curious when this next release of swarm would be released
>(if any decisions have even been made on this topic)?
>
>Thanks,
>
>John Eikenberry
>(address@hidden)
>"A society that will trade a little liberty for a little order
> will deserve neither and lose both."
>
>                                        --Thomas Jefferson

Ted Belding                      <mailto:address@hidden>
University of Michigan Program for the Study of Complex Systems
<http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~streak/>