Re: Installation Problems on Solaris 2.4

From: Theodore C. Belding
Subject: Re: Installation Problems on Solaris 2.4
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 13:53:30 -0400

Are the only errors you're having during the test phase?  It compiled and
installed okay?

In general, if GNU stuff compiles and installs okay on a standard platform,
I've never had to use make test to see if it would work.  If the only
errors you're getting are during the test phase, I wouldn't worry about it
(or I'd at least see if you actually have problems using glibc before
worrying about it).

Look in the INSTALL file for gcc that comes with gcc-2.7.2.  I think there
was some note in there about how Solaris won't allow you to test the gcc
installation (because of timestamp issues or something like that).  I might
be wrong on that, though.

If you still have problems, you might want to ask in a GNU forum, like
gnu.gcc.help
-Ted

--
Ted Belding                               address@hidden
University of Michigan Program for the Study of Complex Systems