solaris binary init.tcl problem

From: Steve Emsley
Subject: solaris binary init.tcl problem
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 00:49:06 +0100

Hi,

I've just installed the solaris binary on my department's network. Heatbugs
compiled and ran in batchmode fine. However, I have received the familiar
error (at least judging from the mailing list archive):

error: TkExtra (instance)
Can't find a usable init.tcl in the following directories:
    /bio/gen/sme/swarm-1.0.1/lib /usr/local/lib/tcl7.5 ./lib/tcl7.5
./tcl7.5/library ./library
This probably means that Tcl wasn't installed properly.

    while executing
"error $msg"
    (procedure "init" line 30)
    invoked from within
"init"
Abort (core dumped)

However, init.tcl *IS* in /bio/gen/sme/swarm-1.0.1/lib and I have set the
environment variables: TCL_LIBRARY, TK_LIBRARY, BLT_LIBRARY to point to that
directory (the env command confirms this) as well as SWARMHOME to it's parent.

I did all this remotely but a colleague on site received the same error
message when attempting to run heatbugs.

I seem to have tried all the fixes mentioned in the mailing archive. Is there
anything else to try. BTW since it's the graphics display that is causing the
error could it be due to me attempting to run the application on a Solaris box
but spawn the display to my Linux box (I think my colleague was in a similar
situation except he was rlogin onto the solaris box from a SunOS
box). However, init.tcl seems to deal with different architectures and I
assume that the actual display is managed by the X-server anyway.

Any help appreciated.
Steve.

 Steve Emsley                   Ecosystems Analysis & Management Group
 address@hidden         University of Warwick, England
 http://www.oikos.warwick.ac.uk/~sme/             (+44) (0)1598 753648