qsort

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: qsort
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 09:02:23 -0400 (EDT)

manor,
thanks for fixing swarm's QSort!
It good to have a nice fast one right in the core swarm libs.

and thanks for the reminder about -compare existing.

and thanks for the idea about how to speed up the Shuffler.
Re. that suggestion, what is the best
way to find out whether a collection is a List,
Array, etc?   If I recall, the objC methods like
class and name return Swarm subclasses (eg Linked_List).
Is there a simple way to get the class info at the
level of "List", "Array", etc?

 - r

ps I'm wonder why you spent all that time
   showing it was faster than the one I wrote...
   I was pretty explicit about it not being fast,
   that I wrote it just to get the job done!

Rick Riolo                       address@hidden
Program for Study of Complex Systems (PSCS)
4068 Randall Lab     University of Michigan
Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
http://pscs.physics.lsa.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html