Re: positioning probe windows

From: Sven N. Thommesen
Subject: Re: positioning probe windows
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 17:24:44 -0500

At 04:23 PM 9/17/97 -0400, you wrote:

>I tried the suggestion of Ken Cline in a recent message
>to swarm-support, and I don't get it to work.

Ahem! I guess I promised to post a message showing how I solved this
problem, so one will be forthcoming in a microyear or so, now that Random
0.7 is done.

>If so, the classes CompleteProbeDisplay and SimpleProbeDisplay both need a
>method like -(id) getTopLevelFrame which returns a pointer to the 'topLevel'
>data item. Then we can do
>[[probeDisplay getTopLevelFrame] setWindowGeometry: str];
>-------
>As I looked at this stuff it seemed to me that what is needed
>is a -(id) getTopLevelFrame method in those *ProbeDisplay objects.

Funny you should say that, I have done exactly that for my own objects.
Offered to submit them for inclusion, but they won't make it into 1.0.3.
Slated for 1.0.4. However, I'll make the necessary adjustments to the 1.0.3
objects and post them somewhere in the mean time so those of you who don't
mind playing with fire can get immediate satisfaction!

Cheers,
Sven

PS to Glen: is the Java stuff a ways off, or is all this pretty useless
work at this point?