Removing specific actions from dynamic schedules during simulation

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Removing specific actions from dynamic schedules during simulation
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 17:47:20 +1000

Folks,

I have a dynamic schedule in which agents (neurones) in my simulation
can schedule a future action, like "firing" of itself, which may need
to be removed at a later time (let's say the firing becomes unnecessary
or redundant based on subsequent events). How would I _remove_ the action
from the agent's schedule, based on further events that occur to the agent
*after* the desired event has been scheduled, but *before* it has been
executed?

I was thinking of somehow getting an index to the current schedule,
stepping through that to find the appropriate time of the event (which
the agent maintains internally) and removing it. Trouble is, this
there may be a number of valid events scheduled at that time, not all
of which should be removed. What's the most appropriate/Swarm-compliant/
Swarm-style of doing this?

Regards,

Alex
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Alex Lancaster
   e-mail: <address@hidden> tel: +61-2-9565-5774 (H)
   web: http://www.real.net.au/~alex
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx