gcc-objc on IRIX

From: ludo
Subject: gcc-objc on IRIX
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 17:55:13 -0600

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a good gcc with proper objc runtime lib installed on a IRIX
5.3 SGI machine because I suspect my dbx (v 4.16 with patch objc-960812.diff)
to be working worse than necessary due to the gcc (v 2.7.2 with gnu-as).
I've seen many postings about different patches to gcc's for upgrading the objc
runtime lib (e.g. gcc-2.7.2.1-objc-970318.diff) and patched gcc.tgz files (e.g.
gcc-2.7.2.1-objc-970318.tar.gz) but they have different configure scripts than
the standard gcc.tgz files, at least on the SGI machine. This config script
results in the quest for 'dbx.h' during the compilation (stage1) of gcc wich
failes terribly (even if I do the questing :-|).

So, before I start bugging people from GnuStep, does anybody on this list know
of a good, workable combination of gcc and dbx which allows for full symbolic
debugging on a Silicon machine (IRIX 5.3)?

Thanks, Ludo.