Re: raising probes with heatbugs & swarm-1.0.3 (addedenum)

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: Re: raising probes with heatbugs & swarm-1.0.3 (addedenum)
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 07:51:21 -0400 (EDT)

Glen,
Thanks for checking this out and supplying a patch.

>From my point of view, these instructions on how to fix is fine (though
you might want to create a patch file so everyone else
can easily update their 1.0.3's).

re testing procedures:
Its a tough call, at this point, given the limited resources.
I'd say NOT use your time on testing on all the platforms.
(But don't go on vacation just after a release...)

And put on "to-do" list the goal of developing completely automated
testing, eg using Expect or some other tools.  Then you can ask some
lucky (aka gullible) volunteer to do the tests on the platforms
you don't have handy access to.

- r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Program for Study of Complex Systems (PSCS)
4068 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 313 763 3323                  Fax: 313 763 9267
http://pscs.physics.lsa.umich.edu/PEOPLE/rlr-home.html
http://pscs.physics.lsa.umich.edu//pscs.html