Dynamic scheduling question, again.

From: Roger M. Burkhart
Subject: Dynamic scheduling question, again.
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 14:49:25 -0600

> Hi,
>
> I previously posted a question about adding an action to a schedule in
> response to a pressing a probe button.  I thought that the problem may be
> specific to the model that I'm developing, however it seems to be more
> general, as with small modification to the mousetrap model the problem can
> be reproduced.
>
> If the source for the mousetrap model is modified so that the initial ball
> is not scheduled to be thrown in the "buildActions" method but is
> thrown in response to a mousepress on a probe that calls a method that
> throws the ball in ... the action is never executed.

> Geoff Schultz

This sounds like a known bug most recently discussed on the archive at
http://www.santafe.edu/projects/swarm/archive/list-archive.9708/0135.html.
A partial fix may already be there in the most recent releases, but we're
still working on a complete fix of all the dynamic schedule update
problems that can occur when the action that updates the dynamic schedule
is not itself one of the actions being executed by the schedule.

--Roger