Problems with Swarm Installation

From: Timothy Barfoot
Subject: Problems with Swarm Installation
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 13:52:22 -0500

To Swarm-Support,

I have a P133 running Redhat 5 Linux.  I'm trying to install the
source+binary version of Swarm 1.0.5 and Swarmapps 1.0.2 but I'm
at an impass.  I downloaded

swarm-1.0.5-i586-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz
swarm-1.0.2.tar.gz

I got these untarred fine on my machine and made my modifications
to 'Makefile.conf'.  I also modified the Makefile for Heatbugs
ok and tried to compile Heatbugs.  I can't get rid of the following
error:

../../swarm-1.0.5/lib/swarm.x: In function `_c_TclObject__newName_':
/src/Swarm/tclobjc/tclObjc.m:761: undefined reference to `objc_malloc'
../../swarm-1.0.5/lib/swarm.x: In function `_i_TclObject(float, long
double,...)(...)':
/src/Swarm/tclobjc/tclObjc.m:771: undefined reference to `objc_free'
make: *** [heatbugs] Error 1

This seems to be some kind of problem with tclobjc which I had thought
was something I could avoid dealing with by using the binary version
of swarm. Can you offer any advice (I really don't want to compile the
source myself)?

Tim Barfoot
Space Robotics
University of Toronto