Swarm 1.2 on Solaris 2.6

From: Thorsten Schelhorn
Subject: Swarm 1.2 on Solaris 2.6
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 1998 12:22:44 +0100

At CASA, University College London, we installed Swarm 1.2 on a SUN SPARC
running
Solaris 2.6. We encountered a problem with the make-h2x script, which uses
basename to create *.m filenames from *.lo and *.o filenames (lines 101ff).
We found the /bin/basename command to treat '.' as a placeholder, garbling the
filenames.
We fixed the problem using /usr/xpg4/bin/basename ;
also possible would be to swap the checks for '.o' and '.lo' suffixes in
lines 102 & 103 (we didn't check that, but should do...)

Thorsten