Re: making 1.2

From: Doug Donalson
Subject: Re: making 1.2
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 1998 19:10:42 -0700

I'm sorry Marcus, I'm too much of a Unix simpleton to be able to run from
that description.

Let me see if I can translate:

Put  ./configure --with-tclobjcdir=/Swarm/packages/tclobjc
--with-bltdir=/Swarm/packages/blt8.0-unoff --with-bltlibname=blt80
--with-ffidir=/Swarm/packages/libffi
--with-zlibdir=/Swarm/packages/zlib  --with-pngdir=/Swarm/packages/png

into a shell script.

This means putting it into a second file, call it "test", and then making
"test"
executable.

Delete the build area means delete everything? ie the directory swarm-1.2
plus all subdirectories.

BTW:  I have deleted and reinstalled several times.  I noticed that in the
makefile for src the subdirectory list was something like:

SUBDIRS = collections defobj activity \
       objectbase \
       tkobjc gui \
 random \
 simtools simtoolsgui \
 analysis space \
 misc

and that the "make" got through "collections defobj activity" and then
went through all the header installs which made me suspicious that there
might be some sort of imbeded char after activity.   I added object base
tkobj and gui to the same line as activity ie I removed the "\" in the
Makefile.in and did a reconfigure.  Prior to this I had done a complete
reinstall.

Sigh... no such luck, the outcome didn't change.

Assuming I have translated your message correctly, I will make a shell
script, do a complete reinstall, and try once more.  If it still doesn't
work, I wil send ypu both the script and the configure results.

Cheers,

   D3