Please try my swell new anon ftp to get revised Swarm RPMS

From: Paul E. Johnson
Subject: Please try my swell new anon ftp to get revised Swarm RPMS
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 00:13:08 -0500

This weekend, I rebuilt the RPMs for swarm on RH6 systems.  These have
two packages of patches, one, which was applied in the original RPM
release, changes some strdup() usages, comments out one *strchr, and
removes all argp references from src/misc/Makefile*.  A new patch is
applied that changes the includes in Arguments.hm to refer to argp.h,
rather than misc/argp.h.

-rwxr-xr-x   1 pauljohn pols      1892113 Jun  6 23:38
swarm-with-hdf5-RH6-1.4.1-3.i386.rpm
-rwxr-xr-x   1 pauljohn pols       759821 Jun  6 23:39
swarm-with-hdf5-RH6-1.4.1-3.src.rpm

These RPMs are built with a patched egcs that makes the tedious Obj-C
warnings go away. Users need not have this patched egcs, they can use
the one distributed with RH6.  A test version of the RPM was distributed
two weeks or so with a name like
swarm-with-hdf5-RH6-egcscorrected-1.4.1.  Since I got no complaints, I
am dropping the egcs business from the filename.

To celebrate this fine occasion, I now announce I've won my long battle
with KU ACS. I now can put things up for anonymous ftp. I encourage all
of you to repeatedly download these files!  Here is the address:

ftp://lark.cc.ukans.edu/pub/Swarm

Of course, I still have copies of them in the same place, my personal
http space:

http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn/Swarm/RPMSforRH6-glibc2.1/

--
Paul E. Johnson                         email: address@hidden