Re: selectors in Java

From: Marcus G. Daniels
Subject: Re: selectors in Java
Date: 16 Dec 1999 08:51:14 -0800

JR> I tried the example below and it doesn't work for me. I get the
JR> same exception.  I'm using linux. I guess that the dll is a
JR> windows thing, am I right?

Right, DLLs are for Windows.  It's not that hard to rebuild from
source on a Linux-based system since all the libraries are installed
in /usr, and most of them have binary packages associated with the
system.  Sometimes Paul is kind enough to rebuild RPMs, but we can't
really expect him to respin them every time there is a small change.
(An advantage of sourceware projects like Swarm is that people can
make tweaks and rebuild the package when things aren't quite right on
their system.)

JR> I guess also that all I have to do is
JR> to copy the .jar file and try again, am I right?

It's not enough to copy the jar file, you need the new native code.