Swarm build

From: Giovanni Maniscalco Basile
Subject: Swarm build
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 11:38:21 +0000

Dear Mr Daniels,

I know I am abusing of your patience.
My HD broke down and I had to reinstall swarm-2.1.1.
The result of the installatio process are in the attached file.

Could you please tell me what went wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Giovanni Maniscalco Basile

-- Prof. Giovanni Maniscalco Basile
Piazza Sacro Cuore 3
90138 PALERMO
ITALY
e-mail: address@hidden
tel.: +39-091-334646
              217741
fax.: +39-091-217642

Installed software:

1. emacs-20.6
2. BLT
3. gcc
4. libffi
5. zlib
6. libpng
7. tcl
8. tk
9. gdb
10. xmk
11. kaffe
12. jikes
13. hd5

>From 2. to 11. and 13.  taken from the SWARM CD-ROM, 12. from the net (newest
>version.

Swarm-2.1.1 configure command line:

JAVAC=jikes EMACS=emacs ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-defaultdir=/usr

Make complained about not finding JDK, so I added to the configure command line
--without-jdkdir

The program compiled smoothly, but the Swarmapps, although compiling without
complaints, did not work and gave the following messages:

/usr/lib/ld: warning: tyle and size of dynamic symbol
`--objc_class_name_SwarmObject
                                                      `--
_ZoomRaster

_CustomProbeMap