PermutedIndex behaviour

From: famasce
Subject: PermutedIndex behaviour
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 19:17:40 +0200

Hi all.
Suppose the agents in my model are added to an Array object:

id <Array> agentsArray;
agentsArray=[Array create: self setCount: agentsnumber];

then suppose that this collection is passed to each agent, and that each
agent defines a PermutedIndex object on the array:

for (idx=0; idx<agentsnumber; idx++)
 {
    id agent;
    agent=[[Agent createBegin: self] createEnd];
    [agentsArray at: idx put: agent];
    [agent setPopulation: agentsArray];
    //builds a PermutedIndex object for the array
    [agent buildPIndex];
 }
My question is: will the behaviour of the PermutedIndex objects be correct,
considering that all the agents (except the last one) have built their
PermutedIndex object on an incomplete (not fully initialized) collection? Or
will it be unpredictable?

Hope I made myself understood (I know my question may not be so clear),
thanks.

Fabio.