Re: Any one using Compaq(DEC) Tru64 UNIX?

From: W . Northcott
Subject: Re: Any one using Compaq(DEC) Tru64 UNIX?
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 11:21:28 +1000

>A common problem is that, on some systems, gcc's preprocessor will
>define one set of defines for straight C, but then for Objective C

As far as I can see, the only macros used in the gcc wait.h on Compaq UNIX
are the ones in the original Compaq files.  This would eliminate the
compiler's defines as the source of the problem.

I am performing the sort of testing you suggest with minimal C programs.
That is how I got this far.

Currently I am implementing the defines as the CFLAGS in Makefile.common
which is included by Makefile.appl which is itself included in the
standard Swarm Makefile.  I also modified the Makefile.common to include
the CFLAGS in the OBJCFLAGS instead of listing them twice.  This all seems
to work as expected.

Bill Northcott